Author Topic: I have a strage issue with dialing Intertel 5000  (Read 2344 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
I have a strage issue with dialing Intertel 5000
« on: July 27, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
When my users dial a number such as XXX-XXX-5XXX, the phone beeps and any digits afterward the 5 pressed are ignored. This just started today. I have not made any changes to the system.  it only happens when a 5 is the first number in the last set of four in the phone number. What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:33:17 PM by FirstSource »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: I have a strage issue with dialing Intertel 5000
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
Is this true no matter what the digits before the 5 are?  Are you using ARS or selecting a trunk group?  Since that 5 is the seventh digit dialed it sure looks like the number is being treated as a 7 digit local number.  What kind of lines do you have?  Instead of dialing 8 or OUTGOING try dialing 92000 (ARS) and the number and compare what happens if you dial 92001 (or whatever your trunk group is) followed by the number, see if the behavior is the same or different.
None of this is ti fix it, just to help determine what's wrong.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
Is this true no matter what the digits before the 5 are?  Are you using ARS or selecting a trunk group?  Since that 5 is the seventh digit dialed it sure looks like the number is being treated as a 7 digit local number.  What kind of lines do you have?  Instead of dialing 8 or OUTGOING try dialing 92000 (ARS) and the number and compare what happens if you dial 92001 (or whatever your trunk group is) followed by the number, see if the behavior is the same or different.
None of this is ti fix it, just to help determine what's wrong.

The digits can be any set before the 5. I dont know what ARS is. When I add new numbers to the phone system I dont mess with the trunk group (maybe I should be adding them, this Intertel is all new to me) It has happened with 2 separate numbers and still going on this morning. The only thing the two numbers have in common are the 5 as the seventh digit. Im not sure what you mean by "what kind of lines" do we have.  I had the user attempt to dial 92000 + <phone number> when he dialed the digit following the 5 it says "unable to route call"
My number was in the system before some of the new numbers and I am also having the same issue when I dial from my desk phone as well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:32:58 AM by FirstSource »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »
FirstSource,

What does the display of the phone show when it is beeping?

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »
FirstSource,

What does the display of the phone show when it is beeping?

Thanks,

TE

The numbers dialed up to the 5 (XXXXX5) with no hyphens

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »
Can you dial 11-digit long distance (1-123-456-7890)?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
Also take a look at SYSTEM/NUMBERING PLAN/HOME AREA CODES, make sure yours is there.  And SYSTEM/NUMBERING PLAN/ARE FLAGS...typically today you'd want the top two YES, bottom three NO.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »
Can you dial 11-digit long distance (1-123-456-7890)?

Yes it works fine...

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 02:38:33 PM »
Also take a look at SYSTEM/NUMBERING PLAN/HOME AREA CODES, make sure yours is there.  And SYSTEM/NUMBERING PLAN/ARE FLAGS...typically today you'd want the top two YES, bottom three NO.

This fixed it!

I added the new Houston area code of 346 to the home area code numbering. Right now Local 7/10 Digit Dialing is set to YES. Should I change this to No?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:42:04 PM by FirstSource »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »
I think you should change it (can always change it back if needed).  I know it's counter-intuitive but those are the settings that always work for me.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »

This fixed it!

I added the new Houston area code of 346 to the home area code numbering. Right now Local 7/10 Digit Dialing is set to YES. Should I change this to No?
Can you dial a 7-digit call locally? meaning can you skip the area code on a land-line (not from a cell phone) call and the call terminates properly? If so, leave it on, if you need to dial 10-digits for all local numbers, go ahead and disable it.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »

This fixed it!

Can you dial a 7-digit call locally? meaning can you skip the area code on a land-line (not from a cell phone) call and the call terminates properly? If so, leave it on, if you need to dial 10-digits for all local numbers, go ahead and disable it.

No, in Houston we have 4 local numbers. 832, 713, 281 and now 346. We always have to dial the area code. I'm reluctant to make any further changes since everything is working now. I'm going to hold off on that change for now.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »
No, in Houston we have 4 local numbers. 832, 713, 281 and now 346. We always have to dial the area code. I'm reluctant to make any further changes since everything is working now. I'm going to hold off on that change for now.
Then I would set Local 7/10 Digit Dialing to No.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »

What exactly does this option do?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »

What exactly does this option do?
Exactly what it ways... it allows local calls to be recognized by ARS and toll control as 7 -OR- 10 digits (meaning with or without area code), but if it's off it won't start screening or looking at calls until it has received all 10 digits. It may have worked properly before if you had your local area codes defined properly, but since you don't have the option to use 7-digit dialing you should disable it. I know it can also mess with how the number is displayed when calling out (not showing the area code, or hyphenated incorrectly).

Don't forget, help in the programming application is context sensitive, if you press F1 on that screen you can get a detailed description of each item.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10