Author Topic: Programming Inactivity Timer - Length Change  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Programming Inactivity Timer - Length Change
« on: July 21, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »
Anyone,

Can someone please explain to me how to change the programming inactivity timer to something other than what it defaults to; it is way to short for me.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Programming Inactivity Timer - Length Change
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »
Anyone,

Can someone please explain to me how to change the programming inactivity timer to something other than what it defaults to; it is way to short for me.

Thanks,

TE
System Security Management form, change User Session Inactivity Period which is 15 minutes by default. (I can never remember where some of these odd-ball forms are located in the menus, so I just toggle to alphabetical view at the top of the list tree to find them sometimes)

Remember if you set this too long, you could potentially get locked out for a while if you (or someone else) keeps closing windows instead of logging out, or if it is too short, it can interfere with things like large imports or exports. I set most to 30-60 minutes, basically just don't set it for 5 minutes or 4+ hours and you are OK.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:13:44 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 06:18:49 PM »
Acejavelin,

Well our default is 5 minutes when all the forms are imported; which is way to short for me. I set it back to 15 minutes so I can at least read something and then go back to it and type in what I need.

Most of our 3300 guys know this system inside and out, but I am struggling with finding information so it takes me a lot longer; it just isn't intuitive enough for me to grasp it all quickly.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
Acejavelin,

Well our default is 5 minutes when all the forms are imported; which is way to short for me. I set it back to 15 minutes so I can at least read something and then go back to it and type in what I need.

Most of our 3300 guys know this system inside and out, but I am struggling with finding information so it takes me a lot longer; it just isn't intuitive enough for me to grasp it all quickly.

Thanks,

TE
5 minutes... Wow... that is short, way too short in my opinion. I have seen imports take over 10 minutes, and full SDS syncs can take 30 minutes or longer in some cases, backups often take longer than 10 minutes too. I had to double check and in our import sheets it is 30 minutes, which is usually sufficient for almost everything we might do.

Anyway, changing that should take care of it for you... I think once you set it, you need to log-off and back on for the new timer to start though, although I am foggy on that point it can't hurt anything.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10