Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Voice Mail question  (Read 1857 times)

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Voice Mail question
« on: July 21, 2017, 04:11:52 PM »
 I have two secretaries at one of my elementary schools.   One has Ext. 2000, the other Ext. 2001.   They are about 30 feet apart from each other.  When someone outside the building dials  the school's number (Lets just say   111-111-1111)   then both phones ring and either sectary can answer the phone.   

How do I setup VoiceMail for that building, since it's tied two both phones?   Is there a best practice for that?  Is there a way for both users to retrieve that VoiceMail, but still keep their own VoiceMail box?   

I would like it setup so that if someone dials 111-111-1111, and no one answers, then it will go to the Voicemail on ext. 2000. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Voice Mail question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
ckuntzman,

What does it do now when you call them and they don't answer?

Most likely they are in a Hunt Group [best guess] or setup as Dynamic Extension Express [doubtful] or one is set with a Secondary Extension Key of the other [doubtful] or there is an Extension List that is being rang [possible]. There are other scenarios where it rings one first then gets sent off to a Hunt Group, but those are not normal for our company to program; for others it is.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
It never picks up.. Just rings and rings.     If I dial their direct extension it works, but if I dial from outside then it just rings and rings.

I'm also thinking they are setup as a hunt group.    They both ring at the same time when someone calls into the office.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
ckuntzman,

Alright, this should be simple then. Do you know how calls ring into the system; DID or Analog Trunks?

Thanks,

TE

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure this building is using Analog POTS lines. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 05:31:47 PM »
ckuntzman,

Ok, Go to System > Device and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups and look for the Trunk Group that would have your lines in it. Then look for Day and Night Ring-In Type and see where the calls are being sent.

This is the most likely how your Operators/Attendants are receiving incoming calls.

Let me know where it send you and I can finish telling you what you need to do.

Hint: You can double left-click on the value and it will send you there.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
Looks like it's taking me to a Hunt Group 2924 for Daytime, and Voicemail  2526 for night ring-in.

I've also attached a picture if that helps.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »
ckuntzman,

Good, so now you have a better understanding of how the calls are routed.

Go to the Hunt Group 2924 and look at the Members. My guess at this point is that it is an Extension List; meaning it will start with a Pxxx. Just make sure that extension list is the two people you would expect to be in there. If it is then we can continue on with the rest.

This is where you need to make a decision.

Do you want a separate mailbox for them to keep track of or you do want it to go to one of their personal mailboxes?

If you want it to go to one of the users mailboxes you will need to create a Call Routing Announcement, remove the Default Day and Night Recordings from it and send it to Transfer to Mailbox and pick that users mailbox as the destination. Then use the new CRA as the Recall from the Hunt Group.

You will need to determine how long you want the call to ring the Hunt Group as well and that is under Timers within the Hunt Group; look for Recall Timer. The rule of thumb here is that every 6 seconds is a ring cycle that a caller hears. This is not really the case as the ringing a caller hears is disassociated from the ringing the users hear as it is from two separate systems, but it is a good approximation.

If you want a separate mailbox then just look for your Voice Mail application extension and put it in the Recall and then create a mailbox associated with the Hunt Group 2924. You can then have that Mailbox send out a Message Notification to one of the two users.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 07:09:56 PM »
Ok, first off, thanks for the information ... great stuff!!

It worked like a champ!!!  exactly what I wanted to do.   

THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10