Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Multiple locations using single T-1 DID range  (Read 1460 times)

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Multiple locations using single T-1 DID range
« on: July 21, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »
I'm very new at phone systems, and our Mitel Phone systems, so please be patient with any stupid questions I may ask, I apologize.

We have 6 school building locations all connected via 1Gig Fiber WLAN,  each has their own Mitel 5000 phone system, and each has 2-4 POTS lines that are tied to the main phones.    We also have a PRI T-1 at our Jr. High Building with 100 DID #'s.   We also have a PRI at our High School with 100 DID #s.   

We started a new program at one of our elementary schools that only has 2 POTS lines.   Can I assign one of the DID #'s at the High School to Directly Dial into an extension at our Elementary School.   

When they originally set it up, they have all the classroom extensions using the 2 PRI T-1 lines to dial out.  Some sort of pool, so it automatically grabs a free line.

Again, I'm fairly new, so if someone can point in the right direction in Programming, that would be great.   

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Multiple locations using single T-1 DID range
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:14:38 PM »
Certainly can do exactly what you want.  Go to SYSTEM/TRUNK-RELATED INFO/ CALL ROUTING TABLES on the node where the desired DID comes in.  Hopefully one group has an obvious name like MAIN LINES or T1/PRI.  Open that up, pick the number you want, and enter your DESTINATION extension.  If your installer was lazy and didn't enter all 100 numbers you may have to add one into the list...be sure it appears ABOVE the "E" and "+", if the list has those entiies at the bottom (those entries tell it what the do with Empty (no DID delivered) or + (any number not listed).

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »
Ok, I'm close, but for some reason, when I'm in the Call Routing Tables on the Phone system with the T-1 on it, and I go to the DID's , I see all the DID numbers listed, but I can only add the Ring-In Destination to the local buildings Extensions.  I need to add it to an extension in another building.     

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
Ok, I'm close, but for some reason, when I'm in the Call Routing Tables on the Phone system with the T-1 on it, and I go to the DID's , I see all the DID numbers listed, but I can only add the Ring-In Destination to the local buildings Extensions.  I need to add it to an extension in another building.   
Can you call between the buildings with only the extension numbers?

If so, try going to the Call Routing Table for you DID's and change one the Ring-In Destinations and just left-click once and then type the extension, to use the right click and change menu, select IP/Digital Off-Node Device (or Hunt Group Off-Node device or Single Line Off-node device if applicable) and see if the destination shows up properly. If it doesn't, show up or you can't call the destination from the remote node, then there is likely a remote extension sharing issues and a full Export/Import might need to be done.

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 06:13:18 PM »
Ok, Now I can see all the other Extensions in all of the buildings.... Except the two new phones I added earlier this week.    They show up on the local Mitel Box, but not the High School Mitel box.  Do I need to force some sort of Sync, so the HS Mitel system sees the new phones at our Elementary Mitel system?  or is the the Export / Import you talked about... If so.. How do I do that??  :)

Offline ckuntzman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
Problem Solved... I imported the phones into the High School, then I could add it to the DID and all is working great!!!

You are a life saver!!!!!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
How are 911 calls routed? Hopefully they're going out the local POTS lines and not the off-node PRIs.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10