Author Topic: Corporate directory on MiCollab and handsets  (Read 961 times)

Offline HighburyN5

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Corporate directory on MiCollab and handsets
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
I recently worked on a large scale deployment of MiVoice Business and MiCollab. Whilst I appreciate every vendor has pros/cons, I have to say not having worked with Mitel for quite a while, I am getting pretty frustrated at the compromises we are having to make where things just don't work that way.

We want to use Active Directory as an authoritative source of our global corporate directory. We've got MiCollab connected to AD for both account creation and directory look up. All good so far except that the Windows MiCollab client doesn't support this look up feature. It only seems to be supported on mobile, Mac and web MiCollab which seems odd given by far the largest install base would be Windows. On clients that are supported the directory is referred to as 'external'. Whilst I understand the logic by Mitel, yes the directory is external and not on a Mitel controller, this isn't exactly user friendly as the average user would interpret 'external' as a directory for numbers outside of the company.

We also want to ensure users using the directory on 6900 series phones (you can only search by surname which isn't very user friendly) are looking up the same directory information from Active Directory but this doesn't seem possible? Is the only option really to import a directory on to the MCD?

We have a large large multi-platform estate and therefore have users on different system hence we want to use AD to keep this single view of all users. Surely there is a better way of doing this?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Corporate directory on MiCollab and handsets
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
There is a next generation client that will be coming out I hope fairly soon

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Corporate directory on MiCollab and handsets
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »

We have a large large multi-platform estate and therefore have users on different system hence we want to use AD to keep this single view of all users. Surely there is a better way of doing this?

You could have a single intranet page with a staff directory on it and use click-to-dial?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10