Author Topic: Missed Calls on Main Display  (Read 4788 times)

Offline cpres

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Missed Calls on Main Display
« on: July 20, 2017, 08:28:33 AM »
Since upgrading to 8.0 SP1 I have found that when someone calls and I miss the call it is no longer displayed on the home screen.  To see any missed calls I need to go into the menu and choose Call History, or I have MiCollab installed which will show me any missed calls. 

I did notice when the call comes in that it will show on the home screen, however once the call ends (or in this case the person may leave a message) it's gone from the home screen. 

I went into Settings and confirmed that Made, To my prime line, To my other lines, To any appearance and Display Call Info are all checked.

Am I missing an option to enable this feature?

Thank you for your assistance.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Missed Calls on Main Display
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:30:35 AM »
Home Screen of what?

Offline cpres

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
5300 phone series.  Either a 5320 or 5340 are the two phone models we are using.

Offline larmckeon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:59:02 AM »
This feature is gone.
From support ticket:

I have reviewed clearquest and found DPAR MN00594492 where it states that this functionality was removed from firmware version 6.3.0.3.

The behaviour was changed because we had too many complaints from the field that the Notification Window was staying up, and they wanted it gone. Customers had other ways to check missed calls (Call History), so they didnĀ“t need or want the Call Notification window to stay up on the phone. SO we recently changed the default, based on customer input.

So if you want users to have the option, this will require a DCR, as it will require SW Design work to make it an option in settings. Business justification will be required.

Offline cpres

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Is there any type of workaround for this other then going into the Call History manually?  Any option to program some type of button.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 06:46:56 PM »
Do you use MiCollab Client? My general response when these questions come up is usually that the functionality is there, and better with MiCollab.

Offline cpres

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:35 AM »
Yes that is the option we maybe going with.  I also tried to program a Call History button but that does not seem to work properly.  Even when I get a call it shows 0 calls, however if I go to the Missed Calls menu I see several.

Offline larmckeon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Make sure you program your call history using the "phone app" line type

Button Number      Label      Line Type      URL      Button Directory Number      Ring Type      MiXML Application Feature      Phone Application Feature

8                        Phone App                                                                                 Not Assigned      Call History      No

Offline cpres

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I was able to get this working.

Not the ideal situation since it was ideal, but a good workaround.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10