Author Topic: Video calls with ICP 3300  (Read 1462 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Video calls with ICP 3300
« on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:19 PM »
Our customer has purchased 2 SIP phones that are capable of video calls. They configured and registered the phones but when they call between the phones the video (H.264) is not displayed. In the ICP 3300 online help I could not find any word whether or not the video RTP streams are supported, but when the SIP call is connected the video stream should go directly between the 2 devices and the PBX is not involved so technically I believe there should not be any issue. In Codecs form there aren't any video codecs to filter out.
Do you have any info about possible support of video codecs in future releases?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Video calls with ICP 3300
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:43:16 AM »
If it won't accept an arbitrary codec between two SIP endpoints, your best hope for fixing this would be the SIP Device Capabilities form but I've had a look and I'm not optimistic. As you say, media does not traverse the 3300 so it shouldn't care [or you should be able to tell it not to care].
Failing that, can the extensions be configured to use a second "line" to connect to each other back-to-back?

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Video calls with ICP 3300
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »
Finally enabling the "Allow Device To Use Multiple Active M-Lines" option in SIP Device Capabilities solved the problem.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10