Author Topic: Program extra outbound route  (Read 987 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
Program extra outbound route
« on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »
Hi Mitel friends.

I am working on a Mivoice Office 250 and need to program 3 ARS for outbound route. Ext 1005, 1004 and 1000 need to acces it own ls trunk in order to make outsite calls.
I already program 3 Co Trunkgroup to separate the incoming calls.

Can some help me out how to program 3 separate ARS? 1x ARS for ext 1005, 1004 and 1000

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Gimitel

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Program extra outbound route
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »
No need for separate ARS...set up existing facility groups to use BOTH trunk groups, but go into both trunk groups themselves and modify the OUTGOING ACCESS list to include only those phones that TG is allowed to use.  Don't put those ext in list for main TG (if there is one)

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
ARS picks trunks based on digits, not based on which phone is using it.

Each trunk has an extension under Devices and Feature Codes -> Trunks

To make a specific trunk an outgoing trunk for a phone, go to the phone, Associated Destinations, and set the Outgoing Extension and Emergency Extension to the trunk's extension.  You can also put in the trunk group extension, if that group only contains the 1 trunk you care to use.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
To clarify, ARS is global. Every station assigned to use ARS has to follow the same rules.

The only way around this is to assign permission to use specific trunk groups. Be aware that if you use this method, every time a station uses ARS and attempts to dial out on a trunk group without permission, an error message will be generated. If your system is busy, message print can be so full of these error messages that real problems can be masked.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 04:49:45 PM »
I just tested the trunk access method and I disagree with DND ON on this one (maybe that's a first!).  I put both my trunk groups in my LOCAL facility and tested, call went out first group.  Removed my phone from OUTGOING on the first trunk group, ARS skipped over first group and used second.  Verified by observing SMDR.
So put all trunk groups in each facility group, control which group is used by the OUTGOING ACCESS list for each group.  ARS will search trunk list until it finds one you have access to.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 11:36:17 PM »
I just tested the trunk access method and I disagree with DND ON on this one (maybe that's a first!).  I put both my trunk groups in my LOCAL facility and tested, call went out first group.  Removed my phone from OUTGOING on the first trunk group, ARS skipped over first group and used second.  Verified by observing SMDR.
So put all trunk groups in each facility group, control which group is used by the OUTGOING ACCESS list for each group.  ARS will search trunk list until it finds one you have access to.

It will absolutely route the call. However, check Message Print and you'll see an error generated each time an attempt is made to place a call on a trunk group without outbound permission. On a busy system, these constant errors can mask any real issues that would show in the log.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10