Author Topic: Viking Intercom  (Read 1702 times)

Offline adsmart101

• View Profile
Viking Intercom
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »
I recently installed a Office 250 and the facility has a Viking door intercom. I have read that it is possible to connect the intercom to the system through one of the SL ports. I have done this part but I do not know how to get the intercom to ring the HG when the button is pressed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Viking Intercom
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »
Assuming you have the correct door box (Viking makes more than one), in the Phone's programming set House Phone to Yes and House Phone Day and Night to the hunt group extension number.

Offline adsmart101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »
It is a Viking c-1000a. I set the house phone to yes and set the apropriate HG but nothing happens.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:51:04 AM »
It is a Viking c-1000a. I set the house phone to yes and set the apropriate HG but nothing happens.
You need to configure the Viking using option H from the manual, including the programming involved, especially placing it in Analog PABX/KSU station mode (*5). I've use a few of these in the past and they work fine, not much magic to it just have to program and connect it correctly.

The document is here: https://www.vikingelectronics.com/product-details.php?pid=23

And you can test the phone system side easily by just going off-hook with a butt set or single line phone on the extension used for the Viking unit, it should immediately ring the hung group if you programmed the 5000 correctly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10